An easy way to raise funds for Hunters Bar Junior HSA, without it costing you a penny extra!
Q. How does it work?
1) People sign up as a supporter of Hunters Bar Junior HSA via http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk (the more the merrier, tell your neighbours, grandparents, anyone you know who shops online!)
2) Search for the retailer that you want through the Easy Fundraising site (there are over 3200 linked up to the scheme), and click through to the retailer’s site. The price you pay is the same as if you’d gone to the retailer’s site directly.
3) Make your purchase in the normal way, and the HSA will receive a % of your purchase as a donation – brilliant!
Q. So, how much could the HSA raise?
A. It really is limitless. Some retailers on the Easy Fundraising site and the donation % that the HSA would receive include:
Amazon (1.5%), John Lewis (1.75%), Boots.com (4%), Apple (1%), Next (1%), Not on the Highstreet (2.5%), Clarks (5%) etc.
If you spend £200 on your online Christmas present shopping, this could generate £5 for the HSA if you shop via the Easy Fundraising site. If 200 families do that this Christmas, that’s £1000 raised for the HSA without it costing anybody a penny extra!
Q. How do the HSA spend the money they raise, and how does this benefit our children?
A. Recent projects have included:
· The turf for Sahra’s garden, in memory of our much loved pupil who sadly died from meningitis in October 2016
· A theatre group to visit school to entertain the children
· Disco lights to make the regular discos loved by the children that extra bit special
· The seating area in the lower yard
· A contribution to the year 6 leavers party.
We also donate 10% of monies raised to the charity chosen by the children each year – last year this was Meningitis Now, and this year it is Sheffield Children’s Hospital.
*If you have any ideas for ways in which we can raise more money and how we could spend the money raised to benefit the children, please join us at a future HSA meeting*