Brief History: A few facts
- The school was opened on June 17th 1907.
- It was built to house 760 children.
- The first head teacher was Mr Gould.
- The annexe was added in 1947.
- The school became mixed- boys and girls were first taught together in September 1957.
- The garden was added in the top yard in 1996.
- The computer suite was opened in 2001.
- In 2012 all classrooms received a makeover with fitted working walls, storage and interactive whiteboards.
- Two new classrooms were added to the playground in 2013.
Professor Edward Conrad Wragg known as Ted Wragg, was a British educationalist and academic known for his advocacy of the cause of education and opposition to political interference in the field. He attended our school from 1943 to 1949.