This page is dedicated to remote learning from home. This is learning that takes place at home while your child is away from school. The work set below is expected to cover up to two weeks of school absence and will be updated each half term.
We would like your child to complete as much of the following work as is appropriate for your family circumstances. We recognise that family health and well-being must take priority over learning in challenging times.
Please use the following email address to get in touch with your teachers with any questions:
Please put your child’s name and class in the subject line.
Books are available as a free ebook from Oxford Owl. You will need to create a login, but then you will have access to all of their available ebooks which cover the book bands we have in school. We suggest that your child starts on a level they are reading in school and then selects a more challenging label when they are ready.
oo, oa, op, od, ob, ol, ot, of, ou, ow, ov, ri, ru, re, rk, rt, ve, va, we, wa, wh, fe, fu, fi, fa, fl, ft
Use these resources to support your spelling of common words.
The best way to help you remember them forever (save them in your long term memory) is through regular quizzing and practice.
1. Choose 10 spellings to learn from the spelling lists below.
2. Practice them on your own using the spelling strategies below.
3. Ask an adult to test you after a bit of 'forgetting time'.
4. Practice the ones you got wrong.
5. Choose your next 10 spellings including any old ones that you still need to learn.
6. Adults can informally test you throughout the week on a mixture of spellings learned over the weeks. This helps spellings (in fact, any knowledge) to be saved in long term memory.
These spellings should be learnt by everyone. If you know you have gaps in your spellings, start with the Y3/4 list. If you are a more confident speller, start with the Y5/6 list.